PAC 12 Dynasty Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farmer's Market (Did Ute see that)

4 posters

Go down

Farmer's Market (Did Ute see that) Empty Farmer's Market (Did Ute see that)

Post  D1UFEAR Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:48 pm

If you missed this game, you missed a doozie. Filled with big gambles, big plays , and missed opportunities. This game had one of the most improbable finishes you will ever see but we will cover that later.

1st quarter: It was a wet and cold night and the Utes came ready to play. Perhaps fired up by the lost to an Ucla team that was headed by a dirty staff. Utah took the field in all black(best uniforms in the pac12 next to wazzu'@ all grey ) And went to work. With 2 1st downs in the 1st 3 plays you could tell the Utes weren't going to just roll over. 4 plays later Utah was on the board 3 -0. The Cardinal responded with 2 1st downs in 3 plays and met the same fate having to settle for a fg attempt, however this was pushed wide left and Utah took the lead into the 2nd quarter.

2nd quarter: After an Usua Amanam int. Late in the 1st Hewitt stubbled into the endzone early in the 2nd. (7-3 Card) After a punt Wilkerson puts Stanford in scoring range again with a 58 yard run down to the 3. 1st gamble of the game came 4 plays later when Champion decide to go for 7 instead of the easy 3....the gamble paid off and Stanford took a 2 score lead. Wilson not wanting things to get out of hand lead a flawless drive down to the 23 yardline. 6 aeconds left go in being down 8 or go in being down 4 they chose down 4 and after a great effort by the slot who broke a tackle at the 5 we were back at a 1 score game at half.

3rd quarter. Missed plays lead to points not reaching the board for Stanford and the Utes capitalised going 80 yards in 5 plays to take a 3 point lead.

4th quarter : Hogan kept his team on the field with big forth down conversions...sadly the magic ran out and had a turnover on downs with 1:53 on the clock. The Utes just need to salt away the clock and Stanford would be a done deal. York rattles off a 10 yard run as dejection starts to set in on the players faces on the Stanford sideline. Champion elects not to burn the t.o. and waits 1:24 run -2 timeout. 2nd &12 knowing that Stanford would be selling out to stop the run...Wilson tried to sneak a pass inc 1:21 left. Now Utah faces a delima run and force Stanford to burn a t.o. and punt and hope for the best....or be ballsy and pass and say this is our win? Utes were ballsy and you gotta respect the coach for that, Cardinal dialed up pressure Wilson steps up shrugs off a blitzer sees a man free down the sideline and gets hit as he releases and ball ends up miles short. 4th down 1:15 left and the whole stadium is nervous with anticipation 1 man is calm as if it's no big deal as he strolls on to the field. We will now let him tell you the play in his own words. "I knew I couldn't let the punt bounce, that's one thing my father always told me make sure you field the punt. So I put my heals on the 10 and waited. The ball came out low and to my left as if the punter was trying to coffin corner it...I broke towards it like I was a centerfielder...I could hear my sideline yelling stay in bounds turn it up as I caught it. So when I secured the ball I noticed I was close to going out so I shuffled my feet planted and turned up.Made the 1st man miss, broke a tackle stumbled onto a teammate caught my balance and cut under the last man and it was pure joy once I hit the 50 I was like man I could go all the way. I hear the sideline yelling he's clear don't block and I see Fish (ballboy) running stride for stride with me down the sideline. After that I just kept saying to myself don't slip...don't slip." The 88 yard punt return changed the game and quite possibly the pac12 favorites. Next up the Cardinal play Ucla.
D1UFEAR
D1UFEAR

Back to top Go down

Farmer's Market (Did Ute see that) Empty Re: Farmer's Market (Did Ute see that)

Post  acsrebel Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:56 pm

CLUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
acsrebel
acsrebel

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady23 Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:37 pm

All i can say is WOW!! What a damn game and a hell of a way to win a game!! Congrats on the win bro!! It will be a short lived celebration if i have anything to say about it.
Shady23
Shady23

Back to top Go down

Post  Jettwing Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:02 pm

Great game to both of ya. Special teams for the win Wink
Jettwing
Jettwing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down