PAC 12 Dynasty Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6: #13 WU 21 #1 Stanford 18

3 posters

Go down

Week 6: #13 WU 21 #1 Stanford 18 Empty Week 6: #13 WU 21 #1 Stanford 18

Post  sweepsingle03 Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:18 pm

Stanford, California- It was the game of the week, a battle between the #13 Washington Huskies and the top ranked team in the country, the Stanford Cardinal. Stanford had home field advantage, and the Dawgs were looking to embarrass the Cardinal at their place.

The Huskies got the ball to start the game off, and drove down the field eating up the majority of the first quarter until finally scoring from 1 yard out with a run from Deontae Cooper. It didn't take long for the startled Cardinal to answer. On third and short, Anthony Wilkerson found a gap and scored on a 59-yard touchdown run. Later n the second after capitilizing on a Stanford fumble, Cooper Pelluer pulled in a short touchdown pass from Cyler Miles to put the Huskies ahead 14-7. Stanford responded by driving down, but then getting stuffed on the goal line being forced to kick a field goal making the score 14-10 going into halftime.

The third quarter was an offensive struggle until Washington's offensive captain Bishop Sankey scored from two yards out. Stanford had a huge play to help comeback with a 45-yard touchdown pass to Ty Montgomery, but it was too late. With only 1:27 left in the 4th, Stanford kicked an onside kick which was recovered by the Huskies who just ran the clock out.

Coach Schrod was asked before the game how he planned on beating the best team in the nation. Schrod replied with all confidence, "We are, the best team in the nation." It's hard to disagree after a performance like that.

This was the biggest win for Washington in years, and hope to carry the momentum and back-up coach Schrod's statements against Oregon next week.

Stanford looks to rebound next week against Utah.

#DubsUp
sweepsingle03
sweepsingle03

https://www.youtube.com/user/NcaaWannabe

Back to top Go down

Week 6: #13 WU 21 #1 Stanford 18 Empty Re: Week 6: #13 WU 21 #1 Stanford 18

Post  laxroxtopher Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:45 pm

Impressive no doubt
laxroxtopher
laxroxtopher

https://www.youtube.com/laxroxtopher

Back to top Go down

Post  D1UFEAR Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:58 pm

Congrats on the win, my kids did some questionable thi gs out there today and it cost us. I will see u in the natty if yo go undefeated cuz I win out I'm for sure in. Now I gotta coach up my player and explain 2 him if we take out the rb and the qb on the option and the ball is lying there with nobody around for 10 yards scoop and score. That bitch killed my vibe. Well played game on your part.
D1UFEAR
D1UFEAR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down