PAC 12 Dynasty Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 Report

4 posters

Go down

Week 7 Report Empty Week 7 Report

Post  Jettwing Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:02 pm

The Good: Los Angeles, California - USC vs Arizona seemed to be an even matchup, but the Trojans came out and proved to everyone that they are still in the Pac 12 Title race.  They dropped 40 points on the Wildcats and had no intention of stopping until time ran out.  Dj Morgan ran for over 200 yards and scored 2 touchdowns to keep his Heisman hopes alive while quarterback Jesse Scroggins of Arizona went on to throw 3 interceptions that really put the game out of reach.  Scroggins did manage to score a touchdown in the first quarter, but it was all downhill from there.  The USC defense dominated every facet of the Wildcats offense and kept them scoreless the rest of the game.  USC moves to 4-1 and Arizona drops to 3-2.  

The Middle: Eugene, Oregon - #13 Oregon faced off against the #4 Washington Huskies in what could only be an offensive slugfest.  Even with these explosive offenses, the game came out with a slow start.  Only the Huskies managed to put some points on the board in the first quarter, but it was only a fieldgoal.  Still they had the lead until early in the second quarter when Marcus Mariota threw a dime to Colt Lyerla for a 13 yard touchdown to put them out in front 7 - 3.  Washington answered on their following drive by marching slowly downfield until they reached the goal line.  They handed the ball off to backup running back Jesse Callier and he took it into the endzone.  The score was now 10 - 7 Huskies with just over 2 minutes left in the half.  Luck seemed to be on Oregon's side as they managed to return a fumble for a touchdown and gain the lead 14 - 10 with 22 seconds left in the half.  The Huskies had the option to head into halftime only down by 4, but coach decided against that and completed a couple passes that got the Huskies into field goal range.  Korey Durkee nailed a 40 yarder as time expired.  At the half, the score was 14 - 13 Ducks.  In the 3rd quarter both teams traded touchdowns.  Miles got the handoff on the second play of the third quarter and took it 81 yards for a touchdown to put the Huskies up 20 - 14.  Oregon answered back with an efficient drive down the field and scored from the redzone with 4 yard run by De'Anthony Thomas. The fourth quarter began with the Ducks out in front 21 - 20.  On the following possession, Washington reached field goal range and on fourth down elected to go for the 42 yarder.  Korey Durkee hit that one as well and the Huskies exchanged the lead once again 23 - 21.  Oregon was not about to lie down for the Huskies though.  The Ducks answered back with a long drive down the field eating up most of the clock and with 1:37 left in the game, Thomas found the endzone for the 2nd time and gave them a much needed lead late in the fourth quarter.  Washington would have a chance at a game winning drive, but the Ducks defense held and put the game away.  The Ducks rebound after last week's loss and manage to stay in the Pac 12 Title race.

The Bad: Pullman, Washington - The Washington Cougars hosted the Oregon State Beavers who were in dire need of a win this week if they wanted to stay relevant in the Pac 12 division.  No one expected this game to become the offensive shoot out that it was.  Cody Vaz, quarterback for the Beavers, had some good passes and managed to gain over 400 yards in the air, but when you throw 5 interceptions in the game, it is a miracle that the game stayed so close.  Connor Halliday was able to keep the turnovers to a minimum for Wazzu as he threw his way to over 400 yards as well as 4 touchdowns.  Another thing no one expected was for the Cougars to be down at halftime to the Beavers by the score of 21 - 14.  This game had the makings for an upset until all the turnovers manifested for Oregon State.  The third quarter was eerily quiet, but Wazzu kicker Andrew Furney managed to hit a 37 yard field goal to cut the lead to 4.  The fourth quarter was where the game was won by Wazzu.  Halliday and Vaz traded touchdowns twice and with the score 35 - 31 Beavers,  the Wazzu cougars had the ball.  Only Halliday was not under center.  His widely unknown backup Austin Apodaca came into the game with very little experience in big game situations like the one he was entering now.  Still he managed to deliver with a 10 yard touchdown pass to Kristoff Williams to put Wazzu out in front 38 - 35 with 28 seconds left in the game.  The Cougars defense went on to hold off the Beavers passing attack and end the game.  The backup Austin Apodaca became the campus hero, if only for a week.  

Game Of The Week: Palo Alto, California - The #2 UCLA Bruins travel to Stanford Stadium to take on the #5 Stanford Cardinal where only one team would walk out ranked in the top 5 of the nation.  A game involving two of the top 5 times is always something special and it should prove to be true this week as well.  UCLA comes into the game boasting the top passing offense in the nation thanks to the arm of Pac 12 leading quarterback Brett Hundley whereas Stanford possesses a top 5 defense commanded by senior linebacker Shayne Skov that will strive to keep the Bruins off the scoreboard.  This has the makings of a memorable matchup and will reshape the forefront of the Pac 12 Division.  I'll see you next week at Stanford Stadium.
Jettwing
Jettwing

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Report Empty Re: Week 7 Report

Post  laxroxtopher Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:15 am

Surprisingly Apacada won the USC game for me too Very Happy 
laxroxtopher
laxroxtopher

https://www.youtube.com/laxroxtopher

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady23 Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:22 am

Once again nice job!! Turns out GOTW wasn't so memorable lol
Shady23
Shady23

Back to top Go down

Post  laxroxtopher Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:32 am

Jettwing wrote:The Good:

Game Of The Week: Palo Alto, California - The #2 UCLA Bruins travel to Stanford Stadium to take on the #5 Stanford Cardinal where only one team would walk out ranked in the top 5 of the nation.  A game involving two of the top 5 times is always something special and it should prove to be true this week as well.  UCLA comes into the game boasting the top passing offense in the nation thanks to the arm of Pac 12 leading quarterback Brett Hundley whereas Stanford possesses a top 5 defense commanded by senior linebacker Shayne Skov that will strive to keep the Bruins off the scoreboard.  This has the makings of a memorable matchup and will reshape the forefront of the Pac 12 Division.  I'll see you next week at Stanford Stadium.

Actually Conner Halliday is leading the nations best passing offense

Halliday 2769 yards 23 TD's 13 INT's

Hudley 1893 yards 23 Td's 5 INT's

just saying =)
laxroxtopher
laxroxtopher

Back to top Go down

Post  mccartyfkd25 Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:33 pm

laxroxtopher wrote:Surprisingly Apacada won the USC game for me too Very Happy 

I won that USC game for you for some reason i stopped running when i was averaging 8 yds a carrie scratch #BoredPlayerProblems
mccartyfkd25
mccartyfkd25

Back to top Go down

Post  laxroxtopher Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:08 pm

mccartyfkd25 wrote:
laxroxtopher wrote:Surprisingly Apacada won the USC game for me too Very Happy 

I won that USC game for you for some reason i stopped running when i was averaging 8 yds a carrie scratch #BoredPlayerProblems

Okay he threw last td
laxroxtopher
laxroxtopher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down