PAC 12 Dynasty Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farmer's Market Ruin a Bruin (Ucla) Game of the Week

2 posters

Go down

Farmer's Market Ruin a Bruin (Ucla) Game of the Week Empty Farmer's Market Ruin a Bruin (Ucla) Game of the Week

Post  D1UFEAR Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:11 pm

Palo Alto,Ca-It was a beautiful Saturday in early October, the # 2 team In the land ( Ucla Bruins) were traveling up the 101 to take on the #5 Stanford Cardinal. This matchup was picked as Game of the Week so we will give you a little more insight and player interaction than normal.

The players were rewarded with Sunday and Monday off after the hard fought win in Utah last week.... Tuesday came and Coach Champion was ready to get back to work.  Monday was offensive install (gameplan/personnel ) and we caught up to Hogan after the practice.
Q:Kevin, you guys struggled last week to put points on the board... have yal fixed the issue?
A: I think so, we noticed somethings in film that we think we can exploit and get us back on track. Our defense is good but we can't keep relying on them them to shut teams down, we gotta score points too.

Tuesday: The d was the focal point, looking to sure up a few breakdowns that almost cost them last week.
Q: Why is it that despite not giving up more than 21 points in a single teams are still predicting they are going score big points against your d?
A: Propaganda,  coaches need their players to buy in...so they feed them all type of peptalks and rah-rah speeches it happens all over the country.
Q: the Bruin back has seemed to be a little jitterbug getting into open space often, will your #1 rush defense be up to the task?
A: I hope so, we rally to the ball and wrap up we should be fine.
   Move forward to Friday night Coach Champion had a surprise for the team. The meeeting got moved out of Stanford Hall across the street to Pampas restaurant, an all you can eat Brazilian place across the street from the stadium (if your in town I suggest you try it.) While at Pampus ,Champion  kept refering to  the Ucla team as Snuggles ( the soft cuddly bear on the fabric softner box) "We will go out there and hit them until they don't wanna be hit anymore, I think they are soft...Snuggles soft lets  go out an show the nation we are the best team in the Pac12.

Gameday- after warm-ups Coach Champion called the players in the lockeroom and gave a moving speech. (Posted a link of the speech below.

Ucla got the ball 1st and ripped off a 16 yard run to open the game...Cardinal d quickly stiffened up and that was the end of the Ucla run game. After a forced punt Hogan led the Cardinal out there to unviel the new wrinkle to the offense. Hogan ran an exclusive  no huddle offense....it worked like a charm.Ucla was off balance all game and it showed Stanford was brimming with confidence. Chants of Snuggles Snuggles Snuggles was heard early and often. Hogan went 13 for 13 for 297 yards and a td.Wilkerson added 3tds and 94 yards on the ground. Bruins were held to 9 yards on the ground. Stanford controlled all aspects of the game only having 1 play going for negative yards. The final score was 42-10 next up Stanford heads to Beaverton to see osu. Lets hope the wave continues.  

Last edited by D1UFEAR on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
D1UFEAR
D1UFEAR

Back to top Go down

Farmer's Market Ruin a Bruin (Ucla) Game of the Week Empty Re: Farmer's Market Ruin a Bruin (Ucla) Game of the Week

Post  D1UFEAR Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:15 pm

D1UFEAR
D1UFEAR

Back to top Go down

Farmer's Market Ruin a Bruin (Ucla) Game of the Week Empty Re: Farmer's Market Ruin a Bruin (Ucla) Game of the Week

Post  Shady23 Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:14 am

I wish this would have lived up to the hype a little more but that no huddle offense along with stuffing my run game really had me flustered all game. I tried everything i could think of on D but you couldn't be stopped, and not to mention your defense which i truly under estimated coming in. This ass kicking did do me some good though as you exposed every weakness I have so now I know exactly what i need to work on to stay on track in this wide open conference. Good game bro and I will be better prepared next time around I hope!!
Shady23
Shady23

Back to top Go down

Post  D1UFEAR Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:19 am

What was the reason you were expecting less from my d? We ain't flashy we just mean.Twisted Evil 
D1UFEAR
D1UFEAR

Back to top Go down

Post  D1UFEAR Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:24 am

And with that speech how could we play bad? Did you hear that thing?
D1UFEAR
D1UFEAR

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady23 Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:25 am

D1UFEAR wrote: What was the reason you were expecting less from my d? We ain't flashy we just mean.Twisted Evil 

Well so far in online play I have had no problems at all on offense until I met your defense today. I'm still new around here I didnt realize how good it truly was.
Shady23
Shady23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down