PAC 12 Dynasty Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 2 Week 1 - New Offense Lights Up Scoreboard

2 posters

Go down

Season 2 Week 1 - New Offense Lights Up Scoreboard Empty Season 2 Week 1 - New Offense Lights Up Scoreboard

Post  Christhedawg Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:20 pm

Season 2 Week 1 - New Offense Lights Up Scoreboard NCA14PS3_24_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_oMh

New Offense Lights Up Scoreboard

Logan,Utah - Coach Meredith started his 2nd season as the head coach of the Utah Utes against arch-rival Utah St. Tyler Wilson started off the 1st quarter going a perfect 6-6 with 2 TDs but thats all the touchdowns he would throw in this game. Tyler finished out the game going 9-12 224 yards and 2 TDs and even backup Adam Schulz threw a 13 yard TD to Andre Lewis with about 46 seconds left on the clock to pad his stats. But the star of the show was the new running offense today in Logan. Jarrell Oliver had the bulk of the carries with 21 rushes along with 157 yards. Oliver averaged an amazing 7.4 yards a carry as he shined brightly in this new offense. "Our offense today was a thing of beauty. Guys stepped up when we needed them and got this offense clicking on all cylinders," Coach Meredith said when asked about how the offense performed today.  

The defense on the other hand has some work to do if they want to get better. Passing defense gave up an astounding 402 yards to Chuckie Keeton and backup Jeff Manning. The bright side of the defense though is the run defense who allowed 75 yards on 19 attempts. Defensive Coordinator Kalani Sitake was not happy with his secondary who spent most of the game chewing them out. He did not shy away when asked about the poor execution from his secondary, "We were absolutely horrible trying to stop the pass. Utah St. went out there and could have hung 40 on us but thankfully the offense came out to play today and our run defense stepped up when we needed it. We will definitely work on our passing coverage this week in practice." He also had praise for his defensive line who recorded 6 sacks. More than half of those sacks came from Senior DE, Nate Orchard, who recorded 4 which broke Utah school record.

So week 1 is in the books and Utah is 1-0 after a 63-28 demolishing of in-state rival Utah St. In week 2 Utah will have there hands full as they will go up against Michigan in Ann Arbor. We'll see if our beloved Utes can pull off the upset and move to 2-0 on the season. Until then this is Sam Wickey with Utah Utes Update.

Last edited by Christhedawg on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Christhedawg
Christhedawg

https://www.youtube.com/christhedawg1

Back to top Go down

Season 2 Week 1 - New Offense Lights Up Scoreboard Empty Re: Season 2 Week 1 - New Offense Lights Up Scoreboard

Post  Shady23 Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:28 pm

Nice start bro looks like I'm not the only one that is going to a new look offense. Looks like yourself and I are bringing the SEC type of smash mouth football to the pac 12!! I only passed the ball like 11 times compared to 39 carries lets hope this new style will take us to the top my SEC brother.
Shady23
Shady23

Back to top Go down

Season 2 Week 1 - New Offense Lights Up Scoreboard Empty Re: Season 2 Week 1 - New Offense Lights Up Scoreboard

Post  Christhedawg Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:30 pm

Shady23 wrote:Nice start bro looks like I'm not the only one that is going to a new look offense. Looks like yourself and I are bringing the SEC type of smash mouth football to the pac 12!! I only passed the ball like 11 times compared to 39 carries lets hope this new style will take us to the top my SEC brother.
I did have the Gus Malzahan offense but Utah couldn't run that at all so I changed it up.
Christhedawg
Christhedawg

https://www.youtube.com/christhedawg1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down