PAC 12 Dynasty Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 report

Go down

Week 4 report Empty Week 4 report

Post  laxroxtopher Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:33 pm

Week 4 report 9311163682_5d3689c02a_z
Late touchdown by backup RB brooks

Return of the Battle for the Palouse
After a 5 year break Idaho returns to pullman to revive the battle for the palouse

Pullman, Wa - The Idaho Vandals and Washington State played for the first time in 1894 with Idaho winning in Moscow since then they have 92 times with WSU's record being 71-18-3. The rivalry stop after 2007 season after long time DC Rob Akey was hired as Idaho's HC. he thought the rivalry should be "once in awhile" type of rivalry not annual. With Akey out the door and Paul Petrino at the helm the rivalry returns but a new problem exists. WSU's OC LaxRoxTopher is currently a senior at the U of I! making this a hard game for him to coach as it is his future alma mater. This was noticed as after WSU took a 28-3 lead in 3rd he pulled his starters and ran the clock the best an air raid school could. " I just didn't want to hurt our guys and the lead was sufficient enough" is what coach Lax said when asked why he pulled them so early with only a 25 point lead. Everyone knows it was just because coach lax has a soft spot for Idaho. He knows he can't do this every week and though it was risky taking it easy on them i think we can all be happy with a 35-10 win.

On to the game now. Conner Halliday looked impressive as usual 21-27 331 yards 4 TD's and 0 INT's in 2 1/2 quarters of play. He connected with 8 different receivers 3 of which having over 100 yards receiving and all 4 TD tosses were to different receivers. "It's nice to see our offense isn't predicatble, we already know people will scout us knowing we throw the heck out of the ball, but if you can't key on any one guy because we have 3-4 that can beat you bad and another 3-4 solid role players.... well that is what i call deadly balance." Coach lax on the way his QB played today and how he spread it out.

The Defense played well also on their way to holding Idaho to -27 rushing yards. " I think i heard the Arizona Tech Cactus Prickers coach say something about a lights out D, well I'd say LOOK its easy." Leach had to say on his D's Performance. WSU's D adds another 3 takeaways to their staggering numbers with a side order of 5 sacks!

WSU is off to a 4-0 start he best since 2003 and have already matched their best win total in last 5 years! things are looking up as they have a tough match at home for 3rd straight week against #2 Stanford next week! This game is going to be rough and tough but it's not first game Wazzu has played against a tough team and won this year! They started at 2010 National champion Auburn Tigers place and won then went to the Coliseum in week 2 and won a come from behind game. This game against Stanford is at home and the coaches are familiar with each other! This game is going to rock and is panning out in the voting to be game of the week next week. Lets keep the 5 game win streak (back to last year) and increase the win streak to 6 the best streak since 2002. Go Cougs! fans are showing up:cat:

Week 4 report 9311163538_3eae2372ef_z
NCA14PS3_13_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_veG by laxroxtopher, on Flickr
laxroxtopher
laxroxtopher

https://www.youtube.com/laxroxtopher

Back to top Go down