PAC 12 Dynasty Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UCLA @ Oregon recap

Go down

UCLA @ Oregon recap Empty UCLA @ Oregon recap

Post  Shady23 Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:11 pm

UCLA came out with a lot to prove and during the first half put up a fight. Once again the defense sucked it up big time giving up a ton of big run plays. Trailing 7-0 UCLA had a 1st and goal at the 2 but the Ducks stuffed them 4 straight times but luckily the Bruins defense came up with a safety to make the score 7-2. With UCLA unable to stop the Oregon offense they fell behind 21-2 quick but the Bruins where able to inch a little closer after Hundley ran it in from 7 yards out to bring the score within 21-9. After a pick on the next play the Brunis were able to get into FG position and knocked one through to cut the lead to 21-12 at the half.

During the second half UCLA was still showing life as they drove the field as Hundley hit Payton from 18 yards out to inch within 2 and only trailed 21-19 at that point. Then everything went downhill from there. Oregon easily moved the ball their next drive capped off by a 12 yard run for a TD, and then the next UCLA offensive play Hundley threw a pick that was returned for 6. Just like that it was a 35-19 game. Hundley would throw 2 more picks that led to short TD drives and Oregon cruised to a 48-19 win. Coach Shady did not have much to say after the game.

" We played good half of the game but after that just straight pathetic. With that 2nd half effort and with a defense that couldn't stop a junior varsity high school team I would be suprised if we can win another game. I am disgusted in myself and in my team. Bottom line we just plain suck and dont deserve to be ranked" Coach Shady stormed off right after that statement.

Next up is red hot Colorado. Looks like things could get even worse for the Bruins next week.
Shady23
Shady23

Back to top Go down