PAC 12 Dynasty Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UCLA Loses a Heartbreaker

3 posters

Go down

UCLA Loses a Heartbreaker Empty UCLA Loses a Heartbreaker

Post  Shady23 Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:48 pm

UCLA controlled their own destiny coming into this game and they knew they had a tough opponent in Arizona who has pulled off some great wins. Plus they have pulled off wins with risky play calling decisions that worked for them once again tonight. After UCLA got a FG on their opening drive the two teams literally traded each other score for score. The game was even all the way through (just check out dynasty wire for scoring summary it's painful for me to go in depth too much lol). Up 31-28 UCLA was looking great after Arizona was in the redzone with just under 2min left and instead of kicking a game tying FG they went for it and missed it. Both teams had a feeling it was game over for Arizona but that was not the case. With 2 timeouts and stopping UCLA 3 and out on 3 straight runs the cardiac cats had a shot to pull off another game toward the end. After the punt they had about 20 seconds to score. Once again Arizona did the impossible. After a huge completion the Wildcats spiked the ball with 5 seconds left. Instead of going for the tie the Cats decided to go for the win instead of OT. UCLA came out in a Cover 3 buzz thinking they could be in position for any type of pass, but Scroggins stepped in the pocket and rifled a 11 yard TD pass with 1 second remaining giving the Wildcats a huge 35-31 win. Coach Shady waved off all cameras and refused an press conference afterwards obviously upset with how his defense let down his offenses great play today. For UCLA their new look offense that has been established of late is indeed clicking on all cylinders but the concern for the Bruins at the moment id the defense in general.Even though their Pac 12 championship game seems out of reach they will give 100% like they have been these last few game no doubt.
Shady23
Shady23

Back to top Go down

UCLA Loses a Heartbreaker Empty Re: UCLA Loses a Heartbreaker

Post  Jettwing Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:41 am

What a game! Don't worry Shady, the Wildcats obliterated my chances of an undefeated season with their double OT gutsy play call hahaha.  Rebel is a great opponent with his unexpected play calls.
Jettwing
Jettwing

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady23 Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:13 am

Jettwing wrote:What a game! Don't worry Shady, the Wildcats obliterated my chances of an undefeated season with their double OT gutsy play call hahaha.  Rebel is a great opponent with his unexpected play calls.

Yea i just knew i had it, he even sent me a text saying good game. He even thought it was over and still pulled it out lol. We both thought it was over after his 4th and goal was stopped but he came out on top. A tough pill to swallow but even if i diid lose this game goes to prove that my new scheme I debuted against you is perfect for me with this team and will be even better when I recruit the "SEC type personal" that suits me. I just have to figure out the defensive side of the ball. Get ready USC!!!
Shady23
Shady23

Back to top Go down

Post  acsrebel Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:39 am

I was pretty upset when I sent that text.. My QB just missed a wide open corner route on 4th down .. I thought i was over I wasnt even going to use my TO's..
acsrebel
acsrebel

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady23 Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:46 pm

acsrebel wrote:I was pretty upset when I sent that text.. My QB just missed a wide open corner route on 4th down .. I thought i was over I wasnt even going to use my TO's..

I wish you wouldn't have used them lol. I went from really happy after the stop on 4th and then was in shock and upset when it was over. My secondary could not slow you down when I had to punt I had a bad feeling and sure enough my secondary let me down again.
Shady23
Shady23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down